Become a member. Become a friend.
Join the American Hosta Society and get to know America’s most popular perennials and those who love them.
Our members extend throughout Canada, Europe, Russia, Japan, China, Australia, and New Zealand.
Scroll to the end of this page to fill out our online membership form.
- Full-color print issue of The Hosta Journal mailed twice each year
- Unique digital edition of The Hosta Journal emailed once each year
- Access to “Members Only” section of the website
- Access to display gardens throughout the country, many of which are only open to AHS members
- Eligibility to purchase a member–only hosta
- Exclusive invitation to exhibit hostas and compete for recognition in AHS-sanctioned Hosta Shows
- Updates on speaker programs, events, awards, plant auctions, news, and more!
First-Time Members Also Receive
- $15 voucher for use at participating nurseries
- Option to receive an exclusive gift hosta (additional $10 to cover shipping)
- Hosta Adventure—A Grower’s Guide, a primer on hostas outlining what every gardener should know
- Hosta of the Year Booklet, a full–color publication featuring the American Hosta Growers Association Hostas of the Year
All new and renewal membership registrations will be assigned to calendar year 2024. No 2023 memberships will be available after September 1, 2023. Individuals who join/renew after that time will receive the regular welcome letter advising them of the effective date of their membership (but providing them with the 2023 password) as well as a copy of The Hosta Adventure.
We accept PayPal, Discover, Mastercard, Visa and AmEx
Contact the Membership Secretary:
AHS Membership Secretary
1104 Oxford Court
Oakbrook Terrace, IL 60181-5249